Alarm saves sleeping family from house fire

No Caption ABCDE
No Caption ABCDE
0
Have your say

Bucks Fire & Rescue Service is urging people to check their smoke alarms once a week, after a Great Horwood family had a narrow escape on Monday.

Thanks to their working smoke alarm, the family of four escaped unharmed after a beam in their home caught fire while they were sleeping.

The parents and two children were asleep upstairs when a fire started in a beam above the chimney in their front roomjust after midnight.

Luckily, a smoke alarm gave the alert and the family were able to leave the property, on the Little Horwood Road, safely.

Firefighters from Winslow and Bletchley put out the fire and carried out a safety check.

A spokesman said: “Had the fire been able to develop undetected during the night, the outcome could have been significantly more serious.”

Book a free safety check on 01296 744477 or email cs@bucksfire.gov.uk