FORGET the Olympics folks, these golden awards are the business!
The starting gun has been fired for the 2011 Milton Keynes and North Bucks Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards.
Rita Spada, chief executive of the Chamber, said: “2011 is the year that businesses focus on growth in what is now being called the New Reality.
“If you made significant changes to your business last year, investing in people and skills, manufacture products, found new international markets, experimented with the new social and digital communications to attract customers and found different ways to keep your business competitive, then we encourage you to apply.”
Premier Newspapers, publisher of Business Citizen and the Buckingham Advertiser, is proud to once more be media sponsor of the event. Already a host of sponsors have confirmed their backing across 11 categories, as well as the overall winner. Sponsors confirmed so far are Powernet, Lynx Networks, Coca Cola Enterprises, The Open University and Abbot Fire Group.
The award categories are:
1. Milton Keynes and North Bucks Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Powernet. This will recognise outstanding contribution and success of a local entrepreneur.
2. Business of the Year (more than £5m turnover), sponsored by Lynx Networks.
3. Business of the Year (£1m - £5m turnover), is a sponsorship opportunity.
4. Business of the Year (less than £1m turnover), is a sponsorship opportunity.
5. Achievement in International Trade.
6. Best Business Improvement through application of Innovation/Technology, sponsored by The Open University.
7. Award for Excellence in People Development, is a sponsorship opportunity.
8. Business Supporting the Local Community, is a sponsorship opportunity.
9. Excellence in Customer Care, sponsored by Abbot Fire Group.
10. Energy & Environmental Award, sponsored by Coca Cola Enterprises.
11. Most Innovative Use of Digital Media in Communications and 12. Manufacturing Excellence Award, are both sponsorship opportunities.
13. The overall Business Excellence Award will be decided by judges from the 12 category winners.
> To enter the awards visit www.mk-chamber.co.uk