A 96-YEAR-OLD man from Yardley Gobion was killed by an industrial disease, a coroner said this week.
On October 14 last year William George Lambert, formerly of Budge Road, died at Northampton General Hospital after contracting malignant mesothelioma.
Before he died Mr Lambert said he was unsure where he had been exposed to asbestos, but it is believed it could have happened when he was working as a bricklayer.
He was a keen gardener and interested in local history.
Rodney Haig, deputy coroner, recorded a verdict of industrial disease.