Man rescued from flat fire

No Caption ABCDE
No Caption ABCDE

Firefighters rescued a man from his flat in Winslow last night after a fire broke out in his kitchen while he was asleep.

Crews from Winslow, Buckingham and Bletchley were called to the fire, in Buckingham Road, shortly after 10.30pm. It started when a pan was left unattended on the cooker.

Neighbours rang 999 after noticing smoke coming from the flat and getting no reply after knocking on the door.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus had to break into the flat and wake the man up before helping him to safety.