Winslow C of E Combined School had to be evacuated last Friday lunchtime, after firefighters were called to a smell of overheating from a server in an IT server room.
Headteacher Simon Rose said: “We had an electrical fault in our IT suite which was significant enough for us to put our emergency evacuation procedures into effect.
“All was rectified by about 4pm that day, following the all clear from the fire brigade and our IT provider, but pupils had to go home after lunch.
“Pupils, staff and parents were amazing in ensuring pupils were safely evacuated very quickly and many parents commented on how well organised the school’s procedures were. Parents were very supportive, as usual, understanding that our number one priority is to keep pupils safe.
“The vast majority of pupils had been collected within an hour of our original text message to parents. It was fantastic team work from everyone.”