VIDEO: Burn victim’s warning to festival goers

0
Have your say

A Network Rail safety officer is urging people going to festivals to be careful with their camping stoves after an incident last year left her with 28 per cent burns to her body.

Georgina Chalmers, 27, was airlifted to hospital from Camp Bestival in Dorset last August when the stove burst into flames and engulfed her.

Georgina Chalmers with one of the gas canisters PNL-140717-130210001

Georgina Chalmers with one of the gas canisters PNL-140717-130210001

The gas canister she was holding had a leak and caught alight with a second stove, leaving her with burns to most of the lower part of her body as well as her right arm, back and face.

Watch Georgina in our video as she explains the dangers.

 

Back to the top of the page