Three taken to hospital after living room fire in Towcester

editorial image
0
Have your say

FIRE: Three people were taken to hospital following a house fire in Towcester over the weekend.

Fire crews from Northampton were called to Caernarvon Close just after 9pm on Saturday, September 22, following reports of a fire in a living room.

A spokesman for the fire service said the living room was destroyed in the blaze, while the rest of the property was severely smoke logged, and three people were take to hospital suffering the after effects of smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire is thought to be a faulty television.

The spokesman added that smoke detectors were fitted and did go off during the fire.