SHOPKEEPERS in Northants are being warned to buy spirits from reputable suppliers after some were found to be selling vodka containing highly toxic chemicals.
Northants County Council issued the alert after they found shops selling bottles of spirit branded ‘Arctic Vodka’ and ‘Drop Vodka’ which contain chemicals used in cleaning fluids, methanol which is used as antifreeze, and chloroform.
A Trading Standards spokesman said: “Shops might think they are getting a bargain by buying from a man-in-a-van. Not only could they cause great harm to their customers but they could land themselves in court and also have their alcohol licence revoked.”
Suspicious products should be reported to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct on 08454 040506.