Neighbour’s quick thinking prevents Bicester house fire

editorial image
Share this article

A GOOD neighbour may have saved a Bicester home from going up in flames after spotting a kitchen fire yesterday afternoon.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said a neighbour had broken into the home in Kingfisher Way, Langford Village, after noticing the blaze at around 3.25pm.

The fire service said the fire, which had been caused by a newspaper left on an electric cooker hob, was put out by the neighbour.

Fire crews from Bicester, Deddington and Oxford were called to the home, which was ventilated by the firefighters.