Neighbours woken by explosion

Swan Close garage fire
Swan Close garage fire
Share this article

People in the north of Brackley were woken by a small explosion after a fire in a garage today, Thursday, July 11.

Neighbours report debris being blow into the road after a barbecue gas cylinder caught fire and exploded.

Incident commander, station manager Kevin Denham said the force of the explosion was enough to cause structural damage to the detached double garage.

He added: “We still have two fire in engines in attendance cooling down the property. And we will access the property very shortly, but that’s taking us some time due to nature of cylinders and the control measures we have had to put in place, but we will be closing the incident in a number of hours.”

No one was injured during the incident.

See a full report in tomorrow’s Brackley and Towcester Advertiser.