Brady prepared for Colwyn test

editorial image

BRACKLEY Town manager Jon Brady has a full squad to pick from for tomorrow’s trip to Colwyn Bay in the Blue Square North.

Having made the perfect start to 2012/13, Brackley will be confident of making it nine wins from nine to remain top of the table against 19th-placed Colwyn.

Brady said: “The next game is always your toughest test and that’s all we focus on.

“We watched Colwyn Bay at Corby, they lost their best striker but it’ll be tough because they’re a good side.

“We have a full squad. Tom Winters has been fit to start the whole season but we have so many options.

“It’s been a very good start to the season and I believe we can achieve anything if we stick to the gameplan and work hard because the players are good enough.”

The Saints continued their storming start to the season last weekend when they defeated Daventry Town 4-0 to reach the third qualifying round of the FA Cup, where they were drawn away to Arlesey Town.

Brady added: “We always just focus on the next game.

“Obviously it would be fantastic if we could go on a cup run but we’ve got a very tough game in the next round.

“Arlesey away will be a tough test. They’re doing well in the Southern Premier but we’re confident we can go there and get a result.”

Tom Winters was the stand-out performer in the win over Daventry after hitting a second-half hat-trick, despite only coming off the bench on the hour-mark.

But Winters faces a tough task if he is to get himself into the starting line-up with so many 
options at Brady’s disposal.

He added: “Tom did great at the weekend but so is everyone else.

“We have our wingers and strikers scoring goals every game – Glenn Walker’s scored four, Elliot Sandy’s scored four as has Gary Mulligan but we can’t play everyone so it’s tough.

“It’s a great dilemma to have.”

Meanwhile, Brackley have added to their squad with the signing of midfielder Sam Gwynne from Westfields.

Gwynne, who made 16 appearances for AFC Telford United in 2010/11, joined Westfields later that summer.

He then made the switch to Welsh Premier League outfit Neath on transfer deadline day in August 2011 before returning to the Fields in January this year.